Can you help to access the account work remotely?
Accounts and book-keeping for builders plus mortgage and remortgage information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
josephmark
Labourer
Labourer

Can you help to access the account work remotely?

by josephmark » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:55 am

Hello everybody, I need to employ someone for maintaining my accounts books and for that I am thinking of outsourcing the work. It is better to do this rather than keep an accountant on the run whole day. But, I want them to work on my pc, as I do not want to upload/scan the account books to other people on their place. I need something like remotely accessing the work that I provide. Can you give me some advice on providers of this criteria?

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

by TheDoctor4 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:34 am

Hi

There are several remote access packages on the market at the moment. you might want to Google "logmein.com" and also "gotomypc.com" both of these allow anyone with the correct login criteria to remotly access a specified terminal. Hope this helps

Regards

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:23 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

Woody_Dude
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Woody_Dude » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:56 pm

Hi

The sort of access you require can be done, and people working remotely should not be seen as an issue.

You can get packages that can be accessed remotely from a financial viewpoint, that would enable you and others to access the date you need.

If it is as simple as listing and logging transactions then you may want to think about looking at a web based accountants packages that will be on google.

If you need document scanning you need to be careful, HMRC require you to keep records for 7 years.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:05 am