Can you Tell Heatshield Poly Just by the Colour?
Conservatories are a great all-round addition to any home. Find help, advice and information on all aspects of this area.

fc01
Labourer
Labourer

Can you Tell Heatshield Poly Just by the Colour?

by fc01 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:47 pm

I ordered a new Polycarbonate roof for my conservatory. The description of what I ordered was 35mm Heatshield Polycarbonate. The sales rep on the day showed me a sample which after a lot of thinking about I decided to go with as he said it was far better than standard polycarbonate at keeping the room cold in the summer and warm in the winter. The sample was quite a dark grey and when I held it up to the sun it almost complete blocked the light. My initial thoughts were that it may be too dark but I went for it anyway. They came to fit it today whilst I was at work, I got home tonight and immediately noticed they have not fitted what I thought I was getting, it looks totally different to what I was shown by the sales rep, they are saying it is exactly what the rep showed me. What they have put up is opal in colour on the inside and almost clear on the outside, and lets in quit a bit of light. I am convinced it is not what I ordered.

I have looked at loads of internet sites tonight and there are lots of pictures of polycarbonate sheets with either heatshield or heatguard in the name, all of them without exception that I can see are either bronze or dark grey in colour. My question is, It is possible to tell just by the colour weather or not what they have installed is in fact heatshield or not.

many thanks for any assistance.

It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:59 am