DIY Doctor

Cannot Find This Part for Top Hung UPVC Window

Postby Xizohr » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:38 pm

I'm looking to replace a broken part on my top hung upvc window, but cannot find this part. Anyone got the name so i can replace them. There attached to both frame and top of the window attaching in frame recess.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:26 pm


Simply Build It

Postby JamesDon95 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:19 pm

Hi There,

the item in question is a stay guard, it is an elite style guard, reasonably easy to source and fit yourself, just remember not to use screws that are too long (no longer than 15mm is the rule of thumb) so as not to hit the DGU on the sash side of the guard.
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:13 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics