Cannot get Water to Totally Drain When Removing Concrete Pond?
Find information and help on all aspects of your garden pond e.g maintenance, pond life, construction etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sfrazi
Apprentice
Apprentice

Cannot get Water to Totally Drain When Removing Concrete Pond?

by sfrazi » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:44 am

Hi,

I am having problems in trying to remove a concrete pond that was built by the previous owners.

I have drained the pond using a water pump and drilled a number of holes at the bottom of the pond using a jack hammer. I thought this would have meant any remaining water would quickly drain away, instead the remaining water is still there. In some instances I have drilled at least 7 to 8 inches below the concrete and the water just ends up filling the hole I created.

Is this expected? I have little knowledge of landscaping so was hoping for some advice.

I want to completely get rid of the pond and blend it in with the rest of the lawn but am worried this area will get waterlogged without adequate drainage.

Thanks

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Cannot get Water to Totally Drain When Removing Concrete Pond?

by collectors » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:58 am

There is possibly a plastic liner under the concrete or you might be at the hight of your local water table. If you are at the local water table depth there isn't much you can do without getting involved with serious drainage.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:04 am