Cant Rails Installed Incorrectly on Closeboard Fence - Is Tradesman Wrong?
Topics ranging from metal fencing, wooden fencing and concrete fencing to name just a few. find answers and post your questions here

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
PMP
Labourer
Labourer

Cant Rails Installed Incorrectly on Closeboard Fence - Is Tradesman Wrong?

Post by PMP » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:07 am

been advised Cant rails on my closeboard fencing have been installed incorrectly (apart from 3 rails in correctly (deemed by him to be a fluke by one of his men!). feather boards have been nailed to small sloping area of Cant rails thus allowing water to drain onto the feather boards. have spoken to the tradesman who installed fencing. he states Cant rails have been installed that way to protect wooden posts from rotting thus allowing the water to sluice down feather boards rather than lying behind the wooden posts! had 2 independent wood contractors state they are in wrong, one actually came to view fencing, plus numerous males who have installed there own fencing syte they are in wrong but, tradesman will not rectify the problem he's sticking to his story, has only offered an 8 year guarantee! is this tradesman right! can Cant rails be installed the way he has installed them?

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Cant Rails Installed Incorrectly on Closeboard Fence - Is Tradesman Wrong?

Post by welsh brickie » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:06 pm

well I have never seen them fixed that way, and I have never done it that way, if your unhappy call them back to redo the work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:26 am