Cant turn WATER TEMP DOWN!! HELP
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
neebas
Labourer
Labourer

Cant turn WATER TEMP DOWN!! HELP

Post by neebas » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:35 pm

HI SINCE i HAVE MOVED IN MY NEW HOUSE i HAVE HAD TO PUT UP WITH HOT SHOWERS AND HOT WATER WHEN WASHING THE DISHES. i HAVE TURNED THE TEPM DIAL ON MY BOILER RIGHT DOEN BUT IT IS STILL HOT AND I CANT SEE ANY OTHER WAS OF CHANGING THE TEMP. WOULD THIS BE A BOILER PROBLEM OR A SHOWER PROBLEM ( HOW WOULD THIS EXPLAIN MY KITCHEN SINK WATER BEING SO HOT)

ANY ADVICE PLS? :?

NEEBAS

Dave From Leeds
Ganger
Ganger

Post by Dave From Leeds » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:02 am

If the water is still getting red hot after turning the boiler temp right down, this suggests that your boiler thermostat has failed and needs changing. Do you have a combi boiler or a hot water cylinder with header tank(s)? If the latter, there may be a cylinder thermostat that you could turn down. Most systems tend to have one of these although mine doesn't.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:26 pm

It depends on the boiler as to what part may be faulty - but it's definately the boiler/thermostat at fault.

htg
Last edited by htg engineer on Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

barwian
Labourer
Labourer

Post by barwian » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:03 am

I have had a similar problem but then realised about a week back that my immersion heater was turned on. I have since switched off the breaker switch controlling the immersion heater and now the hot water is only being heated by my boiler and thge water temp is good.

Is it normal to have the gas boiler and an electric immersion heater both heating the hot water?

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by plumbbob » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:13 pm

Another possibility is the tank thermostat is faulty (assuming you have a tank and thermostat).

If you do have a hot water tank, check that the immersion heater is not switched on as well which may be increasing the temperature of the water.

I have known immersion stats to fail causing the water in the cylinder to boil!

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:25 pm

Yes it is, the immersion is mainly for use in the summer months.

htg

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:53 pm