Carpet and curtain colour in decorated living room - any ideas?
Your comments on how to design the perfect home - And help others do it !

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Bulzer
Labourer
Labourer

Carpet and curtain colour in decorated living room - any ideas?

by Bulzer » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:26 pm

Hi,

I’m looking for some help. We recently moved into our new house and decorated the living room but we kept the original karndean flooring and haven’t managed to pick curtains. We have some burnt orange and red lamps and accessories and our sofa is camel and walls are pale olive and we have an Asian inspired wallpaper. The problem is we really don’t know what to do about our carpet and curtains, whether they should be bold colours or more muted? We really like the Thai/Asian look but are struggling to make this shine through. Any help would be massively appreciated.

I am having trouble supplying pictures but will keep trying

Thanks

sam DIY man
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Carpet and curtain colour in decorated living room - any ideas?

by sam DIY man » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:50 am

With flooring colour choices i always go for contrast i.e if you have dark walls then go for the opposite on the carpet. Also, get a flooring colour that's in the same type of range/family as your curtains and lamps ect.

Hope i've helped!

qualitycarpets
Labourer
Labourer

by qualitycarpets » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:27 am

I'd go for contrast between floors and walls aswell. Light walls dark carpet and curtains. or vice versa.

masonbrown
Labourer
Labourer

by masonbrown » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:32 am

Hey Bulzer, don't you think that using light color on walls & using dark color rugs & curtains would look more beautiful. Since, most probably people use decorative items in dark color like photo frames, etc.. Additionally, you can choose light color sofa to give a contrast look to your floor and room.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:42 pm