CEILING COVERING CORNICE 135
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dolls
Labourer
Labourer

CEILING COVERING CORNICE 135

Post by dolls » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:26 pm

i would like if you could help.
I WANT TO PUT A SOME CORNICE 135 INTERIOR IN LIVEROOM. I CAN NOT GET IT RIGHT BECAUSE OF THE DISANCE OF THE WALL CORNICE THE MERSUMENT ARE 92mm BYE 84mm TRYING TO GET THE MITER RIGHT TO GET A 90 DEG. HELP P.S :shock:

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by kbrownie » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:43 am

Hi dolls,
Question a little vague, (135 cornice what is that regarding?) As far as 90 degree angles you can but mitre blocks at DIY stores that will help you cut Right & Lefts, Internal and Externals.
Best of luck
KB

Oddbod
Ganger
Ganger

Post by Oddbod » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:40 pm

Hi. Fitting cornice can be a real pain the **** - Fortunately I've only ever had to do it on my own place and I was ready to top myself by the end - more cove in the skip than on the ceiling.

I assume the 135 is the size of the coving and the 92 by 84 refers to the projection and the drop respectively? (or t'other way round). If so then the problem is probably that you are using a cutting method that assumes the projection and drop are the same, they ain't, so you can't just lay it flat and cut at a 45degree slope.

kbrownies advice is spot on, buy a mitre box. Imagine the bottom of the box is the ceiling and the side the wall. Measure the projection on the bottom, the drop up the side, and draw a couple of lines to mark these. Lay the coving in the mitre box so the edges lie on the lines you have just drawn and cut at the right angle. Provided you have put the coving in the box properly and measured the length right it should fit a treat.

However if you ask me .... give up now & go down the pub instead.

(p.s I'm sure there is a neat trick to this, but I don't know it. You could try asking on the plastering forum)

thedoctor

Post by thedoctor » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:05 pm

See the projects section on coving.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:51 pm