Ceiling lights/switches
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
hammers
Labourer
Labourer

Ceiling lights/switches

by hammers » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:27 pm

I have removed a light switch and wish to connect the ceiling light (which this operated) to another one that is up the other end of the room. Can I just 'add' the wires from the switch to the existing junction box in the loft that leads to the other switch?

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:42 pm

not very clear, but if you just want to do away with individual sw. why is there another one at the other end of room? are they 2 way sw.? or was it 2 rooms b4?
u can prob. disconnect sw wire from light but will need to run new twin & earth between lights, more info please

hammers
Labourer
Labourer

by hammers » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:28 am

The room was divided into 2 hence second switch. The room has been converted back to one and the 'second' switch has been pushed into loft space for me to retrieve. This is where I am unsure as to what wires I will have up in the loft and what wires need to go where - I am currently looking at book on ring mains for lighting circuits etc.

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:52 pm

Hi agn, have a look at Forum 'wiring lights' on here it's good with coloured drawings ,regards SPARX

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:26 pm