Ceiling lights
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
nartis
Labourer
Labourer

Ceiling lights

by nartis » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:43 pm

Please help,

How do you connect two switches into the same ceiling light. In the lounge there is a ceiling rose with a swithced live from two switches. I connected these up and they worked independantly of each other such that if i switched on at one switch, i had to turn off at that switch. what have i done wrong?

Thanks for any help.

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:57 am

See the projects section, lights and switches. There is a wiring diagram there for two way switches

nartis
Labourer
Labourer

complicated

by nartis » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:58 am

The live feed comes into a 2 gang switch. from this 2 gang switch a triple core and earth goes to light 1. from here there is a live out and switched live back from a dimmer switch and a second cable going to light 2. from here there is the live out to the rest of house and a cable to light 3.

The back of the two gang switch is wired with the live feed into one common, strapped to the permanent live in the triple core. there are two further switched lives, both in the triple core.

Had an electrician out for three hours today and couldn't get around it. Any miraculous suggestions?

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:45 am

Further to Docs comment,
are the switches wired in 3core & earth, or 2 core &earth? if only 2 cores then you will have to do some serious rewiring to make work as two way!,Sparx

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:02 pm