ceiling rose connection
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
caveman
Labourer
Labourer

ceiling rose connection

by caveman » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:03 pm

hi
new to forum so i hope someone can help.

Have two center lights on one switch.
Four twin and earth cables in one (single t&e in other).

In process of changing fitting, am having trouble connecting up.

Have identified cable to second fitting. Keep getting it wrong on main fitting!!! Driving me nuts!

fabriqnumba
Labourer
Labourer

ceiling light connections

by fabriqnumba » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:48 pm

in main light u will have 4 reds, 4 blacks, 4 g/y(earths). the prob seems to me u are gettin switch wire wrong as this wil be black instead of red(live). quick way is to put all reds together in block, separate all blacks(not touching). get urself a volt stick or volt indicator from b+q or somewhere turn on supply. now without touching any cables with bare hands put volt stick to each black cable, 1 of them shud light the stick. if so make a note of which 1, isolate supply put the 3 blacks together an the 1 black(that lit volt stick) to the live side(brown or red) of light but also if u know which cable goes to other light then u need to take that red from the bunch of 4 reds and put that red to that single black on live side of light. once all connected switch on. if its the fuse or main swich u hav been blowin then this shud solve it.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:10 pm