ceiling rose
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Chris Lee
Labourer
Labourer

ceiling rose

by Chris Lee » Sat May 10, 2008 2:19 pm

Ok so I am rewiring a ceiling rose Downstairs Hall

The switch on the wall that turns this light on and off has three switches
one for an outside light one for the ceiling rose and one for the ceiling rose upstairs on the landing.

Over the years my diy formula is to just go like for like but that does not work !!!
Coming out of the ceiling I have four cables 3 of which are red/black/green one is red/yellow/blue the red from one cable is wired into the blue from another and the rest is a mess

I have used this forum and discovered the need for a red sleeve on one of my blacks but of course that is not there

HELP I am a Liverpool supporter in an office of chelsea fans. my wife has banned all forms of "intimacy" because a "REAL" man can wire a bloody light for heavens sake and the grass needs cutting any ideas

ericmark

by ericmark » Sat May 10, 2008 8:40 pm

With three cables.
1) Feed in
2) Feed out
3) Switch
Maybe we could work out which is which, but the fourth cable I have no idea so it would require some tests and to direct someone how to use a meter could be dangerous so sorry wack you can't walk through this one alone you will need a spark. Sorry if I have got teams wrong way around not into foot ball I have never worked out how when a teams ground is in Wales they play in English league? "Chester".

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:45 pm