Celings lights blowing fuse
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
gms217
Labourer
Labourer

Celings lights blowing fuse

by gms217 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:29 am

Hi

I've checked the project pages and just want to check if I've done the usual mixing up the switched live.

I decided to change all the ceiling lights and switches after decorating in the house and rewired them all same as the old fittings.

Downstairs is fine.
I have a problem upstairs. I have changed 2 of the bedroom pendants along with the switches after decorating and now they are blowing the fuse when bedroom 1 light is switched off ( although this could be when switched on as for some reason there isn't the usual TOP mark on the switch so it could be upside down. ) also bedroom 2 switch turned bedroom 1 light on and there is no power in the bathroom.

Have I probably mixed up the nuetral and switched live in one of the bedrooms . Or could it be something else like the landing light. I haven't changed the pendant or upstairs switch for it yet but did change the switch that turns it on from downstairs.

I've changed quite a few before and always careful to rewire the same and this as never happend before but none of the switched live were marked before I changed them,so I'm hoping this time it's just a case of getting them mixed up.

One other little question that I've always wondered about.
When you have a light on top of the stairs that can be switched on and off from downstairs or upstairs which circuit is connected with the downstairs lights up upstairs.

Great place this I've been reading loads and I'll get involved answering on the decorating threads

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: Celings lights blowing fuse

by BLAKEY1963 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:29 pm

Gms217
Get in an electrician to advise u
BLAKEY1963

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:35 pm