Centipede leads me to damp in my basement flat
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
matharding
Labourer
Labourer

Centipede leads me to damp in my basement flat

Post by matharding » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:53 pm

Hi there, I have just bought a basement flat (three months ago), recent conversion with granite walls. Tonight I spotted a centipede in my living room and watched it dive under the carpet, after lifting the edge of the carpet I noticed the beginnings of dark musty smelling areas in the corner of the room - this being on ply board type flooring under my carpet.

Upon closer inspection the musty smell also appears to be on the other side of the wall in the corner also - this is an internal wall in the middle of the basement flat. It is a terrace property.

Where could the water be coming from? Or could it be caused by my behaviour in the flat? There is no heating in the flat and I have only in the last month started sleeping in the living room/bedroom where the carpet is.

What would anybody recommend as a first step?

Many many thanks for any help given.

thedoctor

Post by thedoctor » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:07 am

Go to our project on repairing structural timber Mat and call the company (PRS) in there. They give free, no obligation advice over the phone and will be able to talk you through the problem.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:51 am