Central heating controller blowing fuse in fusebox
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Simon Kemp
Labourer
Labourer

Central heating controller blowing fuse in fusebox

by Simon Kemp » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:27 pm

Hi,

On returning form work, my gas central heating controller (Drayton Tempus 6) display had dimmed, suggesting a lack of juice (it has a backup battery to keep programs for a while). :cry:

I changed the relevant fuse in the house fusebox and the controller started to work normally again ... for a couple of minutes... and then blew the fuse again.

Does anyone have any ideas ? Any suggestions much appreciated.

Simon Kemp
Labourer
Labourer

update

by Simon Kemp » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:38 pm

I replaced the fuse once more and the controller and hot water are working fine - but the central heating refuses to start.

Any ideas ?

DONFRAMAC
Ganger
Ganger

Central heating controller blowing fuse in control box

by DONFRAMAC » Thu May 10, 2007 1:24 am

As you now have a lack of flow to your heating, it seems more than just a possibility that a water leak at the gland at the motorised diverter-valve, has blown the stepper-motor drive, with some effect on the fuse, etc. I have myself had just such a leak, but in my case the blown motor did not have knock-on damage. I lost motor-function, and the main clue was a slow dripping from the valve-gland;-- so a new danfoss valve assembly, and a plumbers time req., as drain & refill + fresh anti-corrosive additive was req.

dave p
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: update

by dave p » Thu May 10, 2007 3:00 pm

if you have a gravity hot water heating, it sounds like there might be water in your pump. this only comes into use when in heating mode

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1