Central heating - new self build
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Zeebra3
Apprentice
Apprentice

Central heating - new self build

by Zeebra3 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:54 pm

I have a beam and block floor in a new build and will be laying 75mm of insulation then a 65/75mm sharp sand/cement screed. I will be laying plastic central heating pipes in the screed but there will be 'T' junctions at every radiator valve which I do not want embedding in screed for obvious reasons. I have spoken to the building inspector and he is happy for me to shutter off under each radiator and leave each joint accessible under a small section of screwed down floorboard. The rooms will be a mixture of tile and carpet but is there a better way of covering the 'T' junctions?

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:33 pm

Zeebra3,
How about using copper tube and soldered joints and forgetting access to joins. You could even used lead based solder if you use end feed joints.
end

thegasman
Apprentice
Apprentice

by thegasman » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:23 am

plastic pipesdote rubbish and are meant for lazy people that cant be bothered to learn a trade also the risk involved is pointless if for any reason your boiler decides to overheat do you think that plastic rubbish will hold up to plus 82deg temperatures-no it wont so be warned-god i hate that stuff and the people that useit :evil:

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:21 pm

Copper is by far the best

htg

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1