Central Heating Problem - please help!!
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

EireEV
Labourer
Labourer

Central Heating Problem - please help!!

by EireEV » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:19 pm

Hi,

I'm having a problem heating the radiators downstairs in the house and feeding hot water in to the boiler at the same time - basically there is a valve on the boiler in the hot press, the more I close this valve the hotter the radiators downstairs heat up, the more I open the colder they get - problem is if I want the radiators downstairs to heat up I have to more or less close this valve - only have it open 1 turn at the minute - fine set-up for the radiators but the water feeding into the boiler must be flowing at a slower rate as it takes more than double the time to heat the water when compared with having the valve open 3 or 4 turns!

Each valve on the individual radiators in only open a couple of turns - just had the boiler serviced but was a problem before then - guy said there was clothes on top of this blue box next to the boiler and these were preventing some metal pin from moving across - some sort of a regulator - but I've never seen this metal pin move.

Radiators upstairs seem fine.

Any advice or help on this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

EireEv