Central Heating Problem - please help!!
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
EireEV
Labourer
Labourer

Central Heating Problem - please help!!

by EireEV » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:20 pm

Hi,

I'm having a problem heating the radiators downstairs in the house and feeding hot water in to the boiler at the same time - basically there is a valve on the boiler in the hot press, the more I close this valve the hotter the radiators downstairs heat up, the more I open the colder they get - problem is if I want the radiators downstairs to heat up I have to more or less close this valve - only have it open 1 turn at the minute - fine set-up for the radiators but the water feeding into the boiler must be flowing at a slower rate as it takes more than double the time to heat the water when compared with having the valve open 3 or 4 turns!

Each valve on the individual radiators in only open a couple of turns - just had the boiler serviced but was a problem before then - guy said there was clothes on top of this blue box next to the boiler and these were preventing some metal pin from moving across - some sort of a regulator - but I've never seen this metal pin move.

Radiators upstairs seem fine.

Any advice or help on this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

EireEv

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:14 pm

What type of boiler / heating system do you have ?
I think you're describing a fully pumped heating system

What valve do you turn down ?
Pump valve, valve on boiler ?

Abit more information would help

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1