All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
MysteriousCats
Labourer
Labourer

Central heating pump running all day

by MysteriousCats » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:19 pm

Hello,
I've been looking around for some answer but could not find it anywhere... so hope somebody can help me.
Last week I switched on the central heating just for warming up the bathroom in the morning (for 1 hour) and since then the pump did not stop running.
I just switched off completely now because is very noisy.
The pump is a Myson CP53 and there are 2 valves as well. There's a thermostat in the living room and even after turning to the minimum temperature the pump does not stop.
The only radiator currently on is the bathroom and last Winter we did have some problems with the pump but eventually after turning the thermostat down it switched off.
Can anybody hep me?

Regards,
Ana

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:38 pm

There are various reasons a pump may run constantly, but a faulty pump is not one of them. Google honeywell.com and see which plan describes your heating system best.

MysteriousCats
Labourer
Labourer

by MysteriousCats » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:15 am

Thank you for your help!
I think I might have a S-plan? There's a 2-port lifestyle valve and a Drayton actuator.
The funny thing is yesterday I was testing the central heating, opening the radiator valve in the study and after switching off the central heating the pump stopped running.
Later, switched on the heating again and had the radiator valve in the dining opened and after that the pump would not stop again.
I am very confused...

nitro23456
Foreman
Foreman

by nitro23456 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:40 pm

bare in mind it is normal for a pump to run after the heating is switched off for a period of time.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:30 pm