Central Heating
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
teebo
Labourer
Labourer

Central Heating

by teebo » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:22 pm

Can anyone help? I am installing a power shower and had to re-route 22mm pipes that were under the bath. The pipes lead out from the top of the boiler to the PRV/motorised valves. I refilled the system from the mains at the lowest point etc and bled the rads, however the boiler is not "firing" up, consequently I`ve got no hot water and heating. The boiler is a Baxi PF 40, about 8 years old on a indirect system, and was working ok until I started working on it.

Any advice on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:48 pm

Has the boiler locked out maybe it has overheated if it has been turned on with no water or alot of air in the system ?

Try looking for a manual reset on the boiler - or check instructions.

Why drain the heating to fit a shower ?

htg

teebo
Labourer
Labourer

Central Heating

by teebo » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:33 pm

[quote="htg engineer"]Has the boiler locked out maybe it has overheated if it has been turned on with no water or alot of air in the system ?

Try looking for a manual reset on the boiler - or check instructions.

Why drain the heating to fit a shower ?

htg[/quote] I drained the heating because the inlet and outlet 22mm pipes from the baxi boiler were running across the bathroom floor under the bath that I removed, to the cylinder/motorised valves. I needed to re-route these to go under the floor boards. At the same time I drained the cylinder to fit a Surrey flange to accomodate the power shower. The boiler was not turned on, as it fails to light up in any case when the system is switched on. I refilled the system, bled the rads, and connected the lowest rad to the mains in an attempt to blow out any air in there. After five minutes of of water flowing from the warning pipe, and a lot of spluttering at the tundish. It was still no joy on trying to light the system. I undid as far as it would go the the knob on the front of the pump, whilst it was running. Can you pls. offer advice as to the best way forward, as I am at a loss as what to do next. Incidentally I am a post C&G 6129er, and will be returning to the skills centre in October for the N.V.Q 2&3 + corgi gas.
I`d appreciate your guidance. It may well be air locked system, as my mains pressure is pretty poor and may not be powerful enough to blow out the air. Many thanks in advance of your anticipated reply.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:44 pm