Centre light wiring
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Tommo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Centre light wiring

Post by Tommo » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:16 am

We decided to get rid of our 2 centre lights in the lounge. I removed the old lights and cut off the ends of the bare cables. I know, idiot! Of course none of the lights in that side of the bungalow wouldn't work, so I joined the wires back together, using proper connectors. At one time I was left with a blue and a yellow wire. I connected the blue to the black neutral, and we now have lights everywhere, although I still have the yellow one dangling in space. What do I do with the yellow one?

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: Centre light wiring

Post by BLAKEY1963 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:55 am

[quote="Tommo"]We decided to get rid of our 2 centre lights in the lounge. I removed the old lights and cut off the ends of the bare cables. I know, idiot! Of course none of the lights in that side of the bungalow wouldn't work, so I joined the wires back together, using proper connectors. At one time I was left with a blue and a yellow wire. I connected the blue to the black neutral, and we now have lights everywhere, although I still have the yellow one dangling in space. What do I do with the yellow one?[/quote]

TOMMO
Turn off power at mainsboard mainswitch . put yellow wire in
terminal block , and temp tape up.
this yellow wire needs verfying and , i would advise u getting an electrcian to check it.

BLAKEY1963

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:01 am