Chaffoteaux Calydra 80 boiler won't light
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
JOEBOUK
Labourer
Labourer

Chaffoteaux Calydra 80 boiler won't light

Post by JOEBOUK » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:14 pm

My boilers cut out today and won't relight. The pilots out and can't see a manual way of relighting it.

So am I right to believe the PCB automatically controls it when theres power to the boiler. Anything else I could try before replacing the PCB?

Basically its dead, when I turn it off and back on again it clicks and justs stands dorment. I've tryed the reset button aswell to no avail. The fan kicks in when hot water is requested, but still no pilot so no burner.

Any advice would be much appreciated, cheers

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:15 pm

Is it definately electronic ignition ?

If there's normally a permanent pilot - and now there isn't - there's the fault.

htg

JOEBOUK
Labourer
Labourer

Post by JOEBOUK » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:51 am

Pulled the cover off since and from what I can gather the gas travels through 2 solenoids to the burner at which point the PCB operates a high speed spark to ignite it. The manual states theres an 8 second delay, after that if no heat is detected the gas is closed off. There is no permanent pilot.

So I should be getting 8 seconds worth of gas? I'm getting none at all, am I looking at new solenoids or new PCB, something else I'm missing perhaps??

Manual (pg13) Google "theinitiativegroup.org"

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1