DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Change of usage of grass verge

Postby >Russ< » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:31 pm

Hi, I have the opportunity to buy a strip of land which is privately owned next to my property to incorporate into my garden. I spoke to the council and they say I have to get full planning permission for change of usage to allow me to fence it off into my garden.

The land is about 3m wide and 10-15m long, but currently has not segregation from the public foot path that is to the other side of it to my house, also the path runs along the side of a road. The council have said this is classed as a public amenity because anyone can walk on it even though it’s privately owned.

Can anyone give me as good idea as to whether planning permission would be granted to fence it into my garden?
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:26 pm

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics