DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Change of Use & Subdivision

Postby david_now » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:04 am


I have bought a detatched building which currently has business use.

I would like to change the use to domestic and divide into 2 units, a 3 bed house and a one bed flat.

The house part looks just like the houses in street, and the flat will use all of the single storey existing extension.

I think I can achieve this without any outside building work or change of appearance.

The house part has front and back doors, living room kitchen, wc downstairs , and 3 beds , bathroom , box room upstairs.

Clearly I need PP for change of use , but do I need to do drawings given that I am not changing anything externally.

The floorplan will change , with a couple of internal walls coming down and others going up..

The single storey extension is approximately 6.3m x 5.9m with it's
own door at the rear of the building. With minimum internal
reconfiguration it can provide Living/Kitchen Room, bedroom and
bathroom , with each room having an existing window.

Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:19 am

Postby welsh brickie » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:59 pm

Yes you will have to have plans drawn up,Even though you are not changing the exterior
welsh brickie
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 2612
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:54 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics