Changing ceiling light fitting
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
vkh
Labourer
Labourer

Changing ceiling light fitting

by vkh » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:19 pm

Hi everyone

Advice needed

I want to change the existing ceiling light fitting in the kitchen and replace it with a ceiling bar with 3 spotlights.

When I removed the current light filtting (which has 2 bulbs inside) from the ceiling rose I found 2 brown and 2 blue wires (one brown going into each bulb respectively). The new ceiling bar I purchased requires only one live feed and one neutral. what do I do with the spare live wire and the neutral??

Many thanks

toplondonchef
Ganger
Ganger

by toplondonchef » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:55 am

Hi vkh,
Firstly turn off the power to this lighting circuit at the fuse board

Using the connector block supplied with the light fitting, connect both brown wires to the live terminal and both blue wires to the neutral terminal, ensure connections are tight

You don't mention any earth wires ?
Unless your new fitting states it is "Double Insulated" or carries the symbol of a square inside another square, it MUST be earthed
Hopefully the 2 earth wires are there and in which case, simply connect to the earth terminal on the fitting, ensuring that these wires are sleeved with green/yellow sleeving

Hope that this helps and let us know how you get on

lily694
Labourer
Labourer

by lily694 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:00 pm

better ask and have it checked by a professional or to someone who would know what to do exactly. :)

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:56 am