DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Changing GAS inlet pipe

Postby heliart » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:54 am

Hi there,
I need to have the gas inlet pipe on my gas meter changed. It's an odd shape and is in the way. Ideally, just need a new pipe with a different bend in it.
Is this something a Corgi plumber can do? This is the pipe between the main gas supply (with cut off valve) and the inlet on the gas meter?

Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:55 pm


Simply Build It

Postby htg engineer » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:10 pm

This is the gas providers responsibility, a CORGI registered gas fitter can only work on the meter and the pipework from the meter.

Is the pipework between the Emergency Control Valve and the governor rigid pipe, or flexible ?

Why is it in the way ? in the way of what ?
They may charge you for aletering the pipework.
htg engineer
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 3256
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics