DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Changing Intergrated Fridge Freezer for Full Length one

Postby Athome@9 » Fri May 08, 2020 9:56 pm

Hi this is my first post!

I’m no expert in diy but we’ve just bought out first house and the kitchen is long and has a lot of cupboard space.

It has under counter fridge freezer (intergrated) but we’d like a full length one taking the end of the kitchen units out. But I can’t find anywhere that has done this.

We don’t really want to spend a lot by having to change all the cupboards. Can anyone give me any advice? On how we’d go about changing the intergrated? We are getting new worktops.

Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri May 08, 2020 9:46 pm


Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Sat May 09, 2020 10:13 pm

Hi athome@9
The existing integrated fridge will be fitted either in a cupboard or in a cupboard width gap so can be removed.
Once the old worktops are removed you will need to find a full height unit of the same width as the gap. If you want matching doors you will have to acertain their maker.
Regards S
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 6318
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics