Chasing condensate pipe into wall
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Locoblade
Labourer
Labourer

Chasing condensate pipe into wall

Post by Locoblade » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:38 pm

Hi All

We've recently had a condensing system boiler fitted in a new extension. The condensing pipe currently runs from the underside of the boiler down the wall, then surface mounted across the wall and into the main drain pipe that will eventually service the sink and washing machine.

This all works fine and although some of the condensate pipe will be eventually hidden by kitchen units and some boxing I'll do to hide the other pipes, its still a bit unsightly and may get in the way of fitting the units, so I was wondering if its OK (from building regs point of view) to chase this kind of pipe into the wall? I understand it needs to be plastic and have a constant drop etc, but is it OK to plaster over something like this?

If so, I could have put it all in the wall before it was plastered, hindsight is a wonderful thing!

thanks
Chris

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by plumbbob » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:56 pm

Don't see why not.

Locoblade
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Locoblade » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:00 pm

Many thanks plumbbob, another one to add to the DIY list to do whilst Im off over Christmas then!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1