chasing wall for shower installation...
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
DIYRob
Apprentice
Apprentice

chasing wall for shower installation...

by DIYRob » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:44 am

My hot and cold feed into an existing installation are the wrong way round. I need to swap them around. They are coming into the room vertically.

My question is how large a hole will I have to chase out of the wall to be sure of not damaging the pipes ?

Can I also chase the wall to the ceiling, then cut the pipes and use flexible tap connectors to cross the pipes over? will these be ok to then be covered up behind tiles ?

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:44 pm

Swap the feeds over in the loft. It doesn't matter where you do it. You could even do it in the airing cupboard if both pipes are close. You can use any type of pipe, but it must be full bore. Don't use anything that restricts the flow. If the shower is gravity fed with no pump, it may stop it working.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:50 pm

Where do they come from ? if they come from the loft or from under the floor, is there a way you could cut the pipes before they enter the wall/chase, and re-connect so they are the right way round ?

htg

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:12 am

Yes swap over as per above and as per answer in your other thread.

Cheers

DIYRob
Apprentice
Apprentice

by DIYRob » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:17 pm

Great idea to swap them over elsewhere - didn't think of that - DOH !

Problem is I think the cold comes from above and hot from below, so won't be that easy.

I'm thinking it might just be easier to find a mixer that does use the hot on the right.

Thanks all.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:50 pm