DIY Doctor

Main navigation


Postby BRIDGY » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:03 pm

just been told by valuer that chimney breast removed in my flat has not been secured and in danger of comming down, this should have been picked up when I first bought property but was not so I will have to see to , what do i do and how do i do it and how much will it cost help please.
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:41 pm


Simply Build It

Postby kbrownie » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:44 am

Your in the wrong place, go to building forum or planning and building regs.
But get a structural engineer around to do calcs. Will need RSJs or concrete
lintel to support wall/chimney. So Building Controls to be notified and a builder to do work.
Cost no idea could well be over grand and that's on the light side, engineer could cost 400-500. Depends how much is work is involved?
So get some estimates recommend three, off builders with good recommendation no cowboys!
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 1995
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:36 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics