Choosing a shower pump
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Tinman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Choosing a shower pump

by Tinman » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:57 pm

Hi guys, I think it's about time I bit the bullet and fitted a shower pump, as the base of our cold water tank in the loft is probably less than 2ft above the shower head,resulting in a miserable drizzle instead of a decent shower.
After looking at different pumps on the net, I'm a bit confused as to which will be more suitable for my needs.
I only want to spend circa £100, so I'm in the budget end of the market. But even then there seem to be different power options (1.2-2.0 bar)
How do I decide what is the best pump?
Also, is it just a case of 'plumb it, wire it, and I'm ready to go' or is there more to it than that? (surrey flange?)
Thanks guys :?

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

by collectors » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:33 am

(surrey flange?) is a good thing that will give the shower an independent feed from the tank to help not getting scolded when others in the house turn on a hot tap & also keeps a constant flow to the shower.
With the bar rating, its just a case of the high the number, the higher the pressure. But a lot of this will depend on the shower or mixer taps you are using.
I fitted a 3 bar pump on a "grower" mixer tap & there where so many restrictions & filters in the tap that i was lucky if i got 1 bar out the shower head.
Also have a think of using a shower booster. They are not quite as good as a full blown pump, but i was quite impressed with the ones i have seen for the price. Link to this type of pump.
Google "iq-living.co.uk/Triton-Spares-and-Accessories/Triton-T40i-Shower-Booster-Pump/invt/d72105?source=191_4"

Tinman
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Tinman » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:32 pm

Thanks for that collectors, food for thought 8)

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:06 am