Circuit Breaker Off and Electric Garage Door
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Micky007
Labourer
Labourer

Circuit Breaker Off and Electric Garage Door

by Micky007 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:18 pm

I have a question I'm hoping you could help answer or give me some advice if possible please.

My electric fuse box is in my garage, I have an electric garage door. I came into an issue with my fuse box the other day, thankfully the electric circuit breaker in the fuse box powering the electric garage door was on the side where the the breaker was on the other side and was not affected by the other sides breaker from being in the off position. It led me to think, if the circuit breaker went in the off position powering the electric garage door then how would I get in my garage to turn the power back on? I'm guessing it's not possible and the only way to get in there would be to cut a hole in the garage door right?

If you could give me some advice that would be great. There's no other way of accessing the garage except via the garage door.

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Circuit Breaker Off and Electric Garage Door

by Mr White » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:50 pm

You would have to consult the door manufacturer / electric door unit manufacturer to find out is there a way to open the door manually.

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Circuit Breaker Off and Electric Garage Door

by ericmark » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:19 am

Two possibilities, some are 12 volt and have a battery, so power cut would not affect them.

However the normal way is a lock on the door when when unlocked can be pulled out, and it is connected to a pin, once the pin is removed the door can be manually opened. My father-in-law had door fitted and the emergency release was missing and they had to be called back to fit one, was never needed, and even if it was it was unlikely we would find the key.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:47 am