Cladding Conservatory for Aditional Insulation - Do I Need Planning Permission?
Conservatories are a great all-round addition to any home. Find help, advice and information on all aspects of this area.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
perrancott
Labourer
Labourer

Cladding Conservatory for Aditional Insulation - Do I Need Planning Permission?

by perrancott » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:34 am

I am thinking of improving the insulation of my conservatory by having a tiled roof fitted. That does not seem to be problem but would I be able to cover some of the glass sides with cladding and, if so, would I need planning permission?
It will end up looking like a brick extension rather than a conservatory.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Cladding Conservatory for Aditional Insulation - Do I Need Planning Permission?

by welsh brickie » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:48 pm

it depends on local the authority, I would check to make sure

perrancott
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Cladding Conservatory for Aditional Insulation - Do I Need Planning Permission?

by perrancott » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:03 am

Thanks Welsh brickie. I will do that.

almcc1
Labourer
Labourer

by almcc1 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:41 pm

Why not fit high U value insulation to board first to your outside skin and cover this with stone or brick cladding. This will give you great insulation as some stone cladding will give very little to none.

Pheiffer
Labourer
Labourer

by Pheiffer » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:48 pm

You will generally only require planning permission if your conservatory is adjacent to what is termed 'designated land' these are such places as national parks, conservation areas etc, best to call the local planning authority if you are in the countryside, if you are in an urban area then chances are you are ok on that front, However you must be aware that changing the roof of a conservatory will render it an extension in the eyes of your local authority building control, and will therefore need to comply with the necessary regulations, the walls and roof will need to be inspected and possibly more insulation added either to the main house or the conservatory. Basically your proposal is feasible but you will need building control approval so call them and run through your objectives and they will guide you on the correct use of insulation and materials.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:42 am