Cleaning Teak Garden Furniture
DIY hints, tips and solutions to the removal and repair of marked and stained areas

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Noms
Labourer
Labourer

Cleaning Teak Garden Furniture

Post by Noms » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:34 pm

Can anyone advise on the best way to clean a wooden teak garden set which has gone green? Would soap and water be ok or do i need a special type of cleaning solution.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by stoneyboy » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:26 pm

Noms,
Buy/hire a small pressure washer they are really effective at cleaning green garden furniture.
end

TheDoctor5

Post by TheDoctor5 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:38 am

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.

mal2010
Labourer
Labourer

Post by mal2010 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:05 pm

Taking care of your teak furniture:

Teak is a unique and durable hardwood which requires little or no care.
If you perfer your teak, like many do,in its natural stste which is silver grey
colour, then you literally have to do nothing.Teak,unlike other hardwoods, does not need any oiling, staining, lacquering or painting to keep healthy and maintain its durability.Treating the teak is only recommended if you prefer the golden yellow colour of the wood.Whether to oil or not,is purely a personal choice,doing either will not harm or detract from the strength or durability of the wood and will not affect our warranty.

The only maintenance we recommend for your teak furniture is occasional cleaning.This should be done with a mild soap(such as hand cleaning soap) and warm water to preserve its natural elements.
For more stubborn stains such as red wine, a teak cleaner can be used or the stain area can be lightly sanded with fne sandpaper.

jeffhowdy
Labourer
Labourer

Post by jeffhowdy » Mon May 16, 2011 7:44 am

Hello Friends...

First of all i would like to thanks mal2010 for his informative reply.....I like the way he describes the information here to make the wooden teak garden set last longs....I can also suggest you guys to make a polish with three parts of Olive oil and one part of vinegar....this polish will in-turn protects your teak garden set from being green.....Try it...

Jeff Howdy.

lucymatt10
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Cleaning Teak Garden Furniture

Post by lucymatt10 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:03 pm

Anything that doesn't react with teak. There are many things/ chemical that easily react with teak furniture.

Philston
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Cleaning Teak Garden Furniture

Post by Philston » Fri May 18, 2012 9:49 am

I simply first brush off any dirt layer with a normal soft brush, then with a mixture of water and normal dish detergent and a soft bristle brush clean away

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:56 pm