Cleaning up after skimming a room
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
seasider
Labourer
Labourer

Cleaning up after skimming a room

Post by seasider » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:04 am

Hi,

Yesterday I had a room skimmed by a plasterer. It is in the process of drying. However there is a degree of mess around the edges of the walls where they meet the ceiling and the skirting boards. This mess is splashes of plaster, water and plaster mix etc where they have finished off the edges. The plasterer cleaned off as he went but I presume it is never possible to leave a perfect clean edge when you have wet plaster on the wall.

My question relates to how do I go about cleaning these edges to avoid damaging the new plaster on the walls. The bits that are mostly water will be easy enough and should come off with a wet sponge. however where there are bits of plaster joined to the plaster on the walls how should I remove this without also taking some plaster off the walls?

I am thinking I will first have to clean off what i can and then use sandpaper or scrapers to scrape away the excess.

Advice appreciated.

thanks,

Glenn

thedoctor

Post by thedoctor » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:42 pm

Just keep going over with a damp cloth and then a dry cloth Glenn. Unless you gouge in you will not damage the plaster as it soaks up the water which then evaporates quickly.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:00 am