DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Click Clack pop up waste - anyone know what this is?

Postby HHandES » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:14 pm

Hi Guys

What's this (see picture) and where can I get one?

Just been called out to a customer with a pop up (click clack) basin plug that is stuck. This is NOT a type I have seen before - it is a completely separate unit (not built in or screwed into the sink waste like every other one I've seen) - see picture. This thing just pushes into the empty plug hole (note there are no 'crosshairs' or 'central screw' in the plug hole - its just a 37mm hole) You are apparently supposed to press the center small button down to close of the plug and then press it again to open up. The whole mushroom top does NOT move up and down like a normal click clack. The center button will push down but then it gets stuck and won't come back up unless tapped with a hammer and screwdriver from underneath.

I figured I would just replace the entire slotted waste and fit a normal click clack but looking at how the basin has been fitted in it would be a nightmare. So I want to get the customer another one of these units so that I can just replace the current one.

Anyone know what it is and where I might get one?
click clack 4.jpg
click clack 3.jpg
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:48 pm


Simply Build It

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics