All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
whartonp
Labourer
Labourer

Club House Shower

by whartonp » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:06 am

Hi Folks

I wonder if any of you would have any advise for my Cricket Club?

We are looking to build a new Club House and we want to include a shower facility. A room with say 5 or 6 shower heads and a drying area. The problem is none of us have any clues regarding plumbing. What sort of a system would you suggest? At this stage we really need to be able to spec something out so that we can draw up a budget but as i said its a question of where to start.

Thanks in anticipation

Paul

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:22 pm

It depends on if the grounds has mains Gas - if not it'll be expensive to get it installed.

Are there any boilers ? or going to be any boiler ? radiators ?

Or will it all be electric ?

whartonp
Labourer
Labourer

by whartonp » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:27 pm

Hi

thanks for the prompt reply.

We will not have mains gas and i dont think that we will be running any rads from the system so it just needs to be turned on for the morning of a match and i hope that it will provide sufficient water for showers at the end of the day. We are stuck with electric i am afraid.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:37 pm

The best I can think of would be electric showers, as other showers require stored hot and cold water and you'd need large tanks to run a 5 or 6 showers.

Electric showers only heat the water that is used - as it's used, as long as there's a decent mains cold water supply, as running a few showers at once there'll have to be good pressure and flow rate.

Any other system you're going to have to have large storage tanks, and again without the head (height) the pressure will poor unless you pump it.

Maybe someone with more experience of larger installations can help.

hope this helps

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:59 pm