DIY Doctor

Cold Deck (Flat) Roof Vapour Barrier

Postby rossbardon » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:04 am


I re-insulating my cold flat roof. I am leaving a 50mm air gap between the decking and the insulation and ventilation as required. But I also need a vapour barrier to go between the plasterboard and the insulation.

I am having trouble finding any vapour barriers? Are they called something other then vapour barriers? Maybe I should be searching for something else? Can anyone recommend one which I will be able to pick up from a local DIY store like B&Q or Gibbs and Dandy etc...

Thanks in advance!
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:37 am

Postby welsh brickie » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:07 pm

vapour barrier-plastic sheeting
welsh brickie
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 2612
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:54 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics