All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ABliss
Labourer
Labourer

Cold Domestic Feed to a Hose for Outdoor Tap

by ABliss » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:11 pm

Hi guys,

I need a bit of help. I have moved into a house with an outdoor tap which has a hose coming into the kitchen, under the sink. Everything is there apart from a cold water feed.
The hose that comes into the kitchen has a connector on it, it's a shallow version of the washing machine type which I have never seen before (must be from a kit).

You'll need to tilt your head to the left to get the correct orientation as the forum doesn't like a picture being too high.

The green hose goes outside to the tap, and the red circle is the connector I'm talking about. The yellow circle is the connector I need (which is currently my dishwasher feed).

I was going to buy a Y-piece and split the cold water, but can someone point me in the right direction for the connector I need to put on this green hose? I've googled it, but I think I'm using the wrong terminology giving me guff results.
What can I do to get some cold water going through that green hose?

Fred c
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Cold Domestic Feed to a Hose for Outdoor Tap

by Fred c » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:34 am

Hi I think that what you need it a wasing machine y connector. This connector would screw on to where dishwasher is connected. These fittings available online from Screwfix.

ABliss
Labourer
Labourer

by ABliss » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:10 pm

Fred c wrote:Hi I think that what you need it a wasing machine y connector. This connector would screw on to where dishwasher is connected. These fittings available online from Screwfix.

I agree. I've been reading up on ideas and ways of getting water to that green hose (there are tonnes of options) but wanting to see what the best way was. Going to go for a Hozelock idea with the Y-piece.

Fred c
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Fred c » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:17 pm

Hozelock fitting is not your best option. Get a washing machine y connector. Most plumbing supply shops will stock them. .hozelock fittings should only be used for external use

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:32 am