Cold showers
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Pumpkin
Labourer
Labourer

Cold showers

by Pumpkin » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:16 pm

We had a new bathroom fitted last year and I noticed straight away that when the hot tap is fully on, the water is only luke warm. It needs to be on about midway to get hot water. We had a corgi guy come to look at the boiler, as I was concerned that it sounds constantly as if it's firing up when the heating is on (a whooshing sound) but he couldn't find anything wrong.

More seriously, ever since we've had the heating coming on in the mornings this winter, the shower is freezing cold with just a few warmer bursts. This makes showering a miserable experience!

Does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong? The corgi guy hinted the boiler might not be up to the job, but it's only 5 years old and we live in a one bed flat so that didn't seem a likely explanation to me - though he's the expert of course...

Any advice appreciated. Many thanks.

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Steve the gas » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:22 pm

Hi Pumpkin,

Do you live in a hard water area?

Could be the heat exhanger gummed up with limescale! = Plumber

Pumpkin
Labourer
Labourer

by Pumpkin » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:58 am

Yes we have terrible problems with limescale so that sounds very likely! Thanks Steve. :D

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:03 am

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:42 pm