DIY Doctor

Cold Water Low Flow Upstairs

Postby AndyP86 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:11 pm

Hi,
I have low flow in my upstairs cold water. Sink and bath starts as a poor flow and then pitters out. Toilet refills very slowly and shower will not work at all. Header tank is full. I had isolated cold water from header tank (as there was no neva valve) to replace the syphon in the toilet. After this job was successfully completed I turned the valve back on. Flow was brill for a few days but now has problems. I have tried adjusting the valve to make sure it is definitely open and it is. I am wondering could the copper pipe be blocked or is there likely to be another issue?

Appreciate all help and thank you.
AndyP86
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby Davetoff » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:13 pm

Hi Andy,

Maybe the cold water tank has something in it that blocks the outlet pipe when it drains?
Davetoff
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!