collar removal around a shower riser bar
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
suefj1
Labourer
Labourer

collar removal around a shower riser bar

Post by suefj1 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:33 pm

The part that I'm replacing is the showerhead holder that slides up & down the riser bar BUT I can't see how to remove the round collar that hides the means of attatchment of the riser bar to the wall. It is a horizontal bar shower so the riser does not involve water. I would have thought the collar just unscrewed but it doesn't move. There is no grub screw on the protruding part that comes from the collar & attaches to the riser bar. I have tried just forcing it off with a screwdriver but it won't budge. I'm thinking of hacksawing it next unless someone can help. I'd be grateful for any suggestions, thanks.

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: collar removal around a shower riser bar

Post by kbrownie » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:13 pm

Normally the risers are fixed by two fixing, one top and one bottom where the bar sits.
These fixings will be capped, the cap will hide the screws. So the caps will need to be removed, normally by prising away gently with small flat head screw driver, look for a small openning that will allow a screw driver head in. Then the screws will be accessible do unscrew.
Once unscrewed the bar can be removed and any collars for shower head, hose support and soap holders can be then slide off.

suefj1
Labourer
Labourer

Re: collar removal around a shower riser bar

Post by suefj1 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:40 pm

Thank you, I'll try again with a smaller blade screwdriver, cheers.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:03 am