Colour Matching a roll top Bath Repair
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

Tony McLean
Labourer
Labourer

Colour Matching a roll top Bath Repair

by Tony McLean » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:26 pm

I have a B&Q Victorian roll top bath which has sat in a garage for 4 years, still in its delivery packaging and fully covered with blankets.
I recently fitted it into a newly refurbished bathroom, and discovered a small impact radial crack on the end of the bath where the roll top rounds off.
I managed to get Plastic Padding white marine gel coat filler, and used a tiny Dremel bit to widen out the three one inch cracks that radiate out from the minute point of impact. On the underside I used tiny stainless steel wires from a micro mesh that I use in plastic welding, to bind the cracks together. The Marine Gel coat worked a treat, and using reducing grades of wet and dry up to 2000 grit I got a very smooth finish. However the Gel coat us much whiter than the original bath white so I need to use finishing paint touch up to try to hide the repair.

I phoned B&Q and they referred me to the company that supplies the Cooke and Lewis range, but they could find no mention of the colour code on their systems.
I have both the Cramer and Ronseal touch up and repair kits for Baths but the Arctic White colour supplied is just too white.
Can anyone out there help? The repair is too small to warrant a complete respray.
Attachments
20190207_191452_smallcrop.jpg

It is currently Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:03 pm