Combi boiler problem
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mattyP
Labourer
Labourer

Combi boiler problem

by mattyP » Wed May 16, 2007 9:43 pm

Hi,

I've got a problem with my combi boiler, Radiant RS24 model, installed in 1999.

Basically I noticed the pressure was high, over 3 bar so I dropped the pressure down to just over 1bar, within a couple of days it was over 3 bar again.

I drained it back down to 1 bar, turned on the central heating and it immediately jumped up half a bar.

I checked the topup loop, which appears to be fine but I then noticed that when Iturn on hot water the pressure drops down half a bar again.

Any idea's (expansion vessel maybe?)

MattyP

bazza
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Combi boiler problem

by bazza » Thu May 17, 2007 9:25 pm

[quote="mattyP"]Hi,

I've got a problem with my combi boiler, Radiant RS24 model, installed in 1999.

Basically I noticed the pressure was high, over 3 bar so I dropped the pressure down to just over 1bar, within a couple of days it was over 3 bar again.

I drained it back down to 1 bar, turned on the central heating and it immediately jumped up half a bar.

I checked the topup loop, which appears to be fine but I then noticed that when Iturn on hot water the pressure drops down half a bar again.

Any idea's (expansion vessel maybe?)

MattyP[/quote]hi are u sure the filling loop is turned off completely or is not letting by try filling system to 1bar isolate the incoming mains supply there will be a isolating valve attached just before the filling loop and remove the filling loop if problem still occurs it cud be the heat exchanger leaking across to the primary system as for the expansion vessel it cud possably be the problem but only if u hav recently added more rads to your system if so wen heating on will go to 3bar and activate the prv then when u switch off the demand for heat the pressure will drop to almost zero hop this helps

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1