Combi boiler/shower problem.
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ggc
Labourer
Labourer

Combi boiler/shower problem.

Post by ggc » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:37 am

i've got a ariston combi boiler where my shower is linked to the boiler system and has got a mixer style type tap where i'm required to turn the shower on and off and from hot to cold (it's a bit of a pain as I need to get it exactly in one position for a good pressure and temp).

The Problem I have is with the shower & the Temperture fluxuation...it heats up and then cools right down to the point where it's freezing in the space of 15-20 secs and it does this continuous for the duration of my time in the shower (as you can imagine it's not ideal jumping in and then back out before it cools down).

I have tried turning the temp up however it's boiling water coming out and then cools down to freezing.

There's no issue with the pressure.

I'm thinking the problem is a tell tale sign of a faulty part??

Please Help....Needing to get a decent shower soon before I go mad lol.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:36 pm

It sounds as if you have a mixer shower but it's not a thermostatic mixer, you need to use a thermostatic mixer shower with a combi boiler to prevent scalding yourself.

You say the water goes hot and cold, but does the boiler burner go on and off or does the gas rate (flame height) change ?

htg

ggc
Labourer
Labourer

Post by ggc » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:04 pm

thanks for the reply,

how would I go about seeing if I have a mixer shower or a thermostatic mixer?

I'm just back from testing out the shower and the gas goes on and off (when the water goes red hot the boiler is on and vice versa)

Hope this helps.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1