combi boiler
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
heps
Apprentice
Apprentice

combi boiler

by heps » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:23 pm

Hi I have problems with the water pressure on my combi boiler it was installed 3 yrs ago no problems with pressure but just of late the system pressure on the hot and the cold has dropped big time the pressure gauge on the expansion vessel is still one bar there are no leaks on the system any ideas where to look next ??

cheers heps

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: combi boiler

by plumbbob » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:33 pm

The reading on the pressure gauge has nothing to do with either the hot or cold water pressures. That gauge is only an indication of the pressure within the heating circuit and will (should) be much lower than the mains pressure.

If the water pressure from the kitchen cold tap is lower than normal it may indicate the main stop tap is not fully open or possibly there is a burst underground between the street and your house. It might be your local water company has lowered the street pressure. Are any of your neighbours experiencing problems?

heps
Apprentice
Apprentice

by heps » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:09 pm

hi plumbob

the rising mail comes in by the back door not under the kitchen sink but the tap which is the utlity room by the boiler is very low all the main direct feeds off of it are low i have looked at the water meter with all taps off and its not turning so I would guess this would rule out a leak ? i will change the stop tap and if this does not work will get ******* water out to check the pressure cheers heps

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:30 am

Before you start spending money, if the cold flow is poor, I would call your local water company and explain the problem. Most if not all companies will visit and check the pressure and flow for free. This might identify the exact problem rather than just you taking a stab in the dark.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1