All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bobjan
Labourer
Labourer

COMBI BOILERS

by bobjan » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:38 pm

Hi

I am going to install a new bath into a system which is fed by a combi boiler. Is there anything I need to do to the system before I start disconnecting hot water pipes? ie shut valves depressurise or anything!

simpleton
Tradesman
Tradesman

by simpleton » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:07 pm

Turn the mains off. By the sounds of it you should get a plumber in :?

Rico
Tradesman
Tradesman

by Rico » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:57 pm

bobjan,

Is this just a like for like swap in existing bathroom, if it is then see as follows.

Unless there are isolation valves on the existing pipework under the bath, then open hot & colds taps in bathroom & kitchen. Then close off stock cock, on combis this shuts off hot & cold water. Remove old bath cut pipework and fit isolation vales to hot & cold supplies, this then means you can restore mains supply to boiler and have hot & cold water / heating in rest of house while you are working in the bathroom.

Hope this helps.

Rico

speedygonzarlis
Tradesman
Tradesman

by speedygonzarlis » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:34 pm

If your lucky you will have a couple of service valves under your bath on the hot and cold supplys, these are an inline valve with a screwdriver slot in, simply turn off there and thats all you need do, if no service valves under bath, turn off your stop tap, crack downstairs taps to remove pressure on hot and cold, remove bath buy some service valves install inline and you can then turn water back on and fit your bath without upsetting the rest of the water supply to your house.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:12 pm