Combi choice
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Phattanglo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Combi choice

by Phattanglo » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:00 pm

Hello there, I hope my first post makes sense.
I have a standard boiler,cylinder heating system which by my reckoning could be at least 20 years old.
I would like to replace it with a combi boiler as part of a long term plan which involves removing the loft header tanks to free up space for a purpose built home cinema.
I have normal hot water needs and only 3 rads.
Could you please tell me the size of boiler I would need.
I am on a tight budget so will be looking at Baxi or similar.
Cheers for now.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:14 pm

I thought i'd replied to this one!

With a combi you want to be looking at the flow rate if you're going to be running a shower off it, if it's a cheap Baxi you want then a 105HE will probably meet your needs (upto 14l/min), you may be able to save a little more going for a MAIN boiler (baxi company, very similar boilers, but cheaper).

htg

Phattanglo
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Phattanglo » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:46 am

Cheers for that, I have an electric shower so I think my needs would be fairly low.
Due to lack of space I don't have a bath, but future alterations mean I will have later.
Do you think the 106HE will be sufficient for my needs?

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:36 pm

If you're installing a bath at a later date then yes the 105HE will be sufficient, if you chose not to fit a bath and stick with an electric shower you could go for a smaller boiler.

Take a look at the Baxi Platinum, Duotec range - they're the same boiler but better looking - better boiler casing (the 105HE is ideal if hid in a cupboard, as it looks very basic).

htg

rk4563
Labourer
Labourer

by rk4563 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:08 am

Has you need a small boiler for only 3 rads and a bathroom. I best refer you to wocester juniors or vaillant ecotec plus. Vaillant and worcester are the best boiler brands avaiable in the market.

I know that there are bit expensive but they are worst it. The service of the both boiler are is very good and they are reliable. If you want to go bit cheap you have choice in baxi, glow-worm and ideals. By the way Ideal have recently launched a new ideal logic combi boilers. They come with 2 year manufacturing warranty and all the accessories like flues, time clock etc are fitted in it. You can have look that boiler also. To know more about Ideal logic Combi boiler features please visit Google "plumbtraders.co.uk/ideal-logic-combi-boilers"

Thanks

RK4563

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:25 pm