Communications
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Ressy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Communications

by Ressy » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:12 pm

Why on such a site as this have so many contributors gone to the side of "no communication" I have many offers of advise but to find my way around the communications system is ?????????? but to offer advise in the private sense seems tabooooo WHY do aso many users choose this anonamouse system. It can't be because of spelling as I am the worlds worst but I know how to build.

Ressy (a builder and furniture restorer)

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:34 am

The ability to communicate "privately" has been removed from the site by us owners. This is because we moderate the site 24/7 to gaurd against innaprpriate posts (*******, swearing etc) and posts made by people who think they know the answers but are in fact dangerous. To pay for this, and the other site services, we take paid advertising from Builders, Plumbers, DIY Sheds and many many National Suppliers. For these advertisers to keep paying and therefore to keep the site running, we don't want Builders or Suppliers hosting their own free advertising on the site. If we see a post saying......You should come to Jo blogs builders for free advice it is obvious (as we have all been in the trade for 30 years) that they are eventually going to suggest they come round for a quote etc. THis takes money out of our advertisers mouths. Also, when the posts are made on a forum, live, they can be checked by us and other builders to make sure they are safe. If they are done privately the poor novice has no protection from unscrupulous builders etc. We are absolutely sure you do not fall into this category. It is simply Company poilcy.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:24 am