Composite door brands - which one?
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jlyall
Labourer
Labourer

Composite door brands - which one?

Post by jlyall » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:24 pm

After getting a couple of quotes for composite doors manufactured by Hurst plastics and Door-stop, I was wondering which one is the better quality door? Or is there a better manufacturer?

Security and quality are the most important points I'm looking at.

Any help would be really appreciated!!

Josh

missfussy
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Composite door brands - which one?

Post by missfussy » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:57 pm

Hi,
As far as i am aware there are only 2 suppliers of the 'slabs'(foam filled) in the UK and these are imported from China.
The companies here in the uk then add their own locks etc., then brand them as their own. I think the only different ones are Rockdoors which are stronger and also there are some composite doors made with a solid timber core. There are some new doors being made in Ireland which look impressive and seem much more stronger than the foam filled ones. I think there are a couple of suppliers in the uk, i have been looking into them and they are a bit more expensive than the common composite doors but overall seem much more secure and are double rebated so seal much better than the single framed ones. They can also be hand painted over in the future if required or fancy a change. They have videos of them on youtube and will give you an idea of the differences.
Hope this helps.

alvasin
Labourer
Labourer

Post by alvasin » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:26 pm

My rear door being a UPVC unit with a Euro barrel lock and multi-link lock system.

As many have already mentioned about the low security of these Eurolocks and wanting only the inside to have the keylock not the outside.

Also has anyone tried or fitted a Mortice deadlock in addition to the Eurolock system in a UPVC door unit.

And has anyone yet manufactured these Eurolocks one-sided.

Emma28
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Emma28 » Thu May 31, 2012 10:48 am

interesting they even have price qoute online. thanks sarah

jenniemiller1977
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by jenniemiller1977 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:38 pm

Thanks Sarah, I've used this site for windows, but didn't think about it to replace my door.

thedoctor

Post by thedoctor » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:28 pm

Hi Guys, there is some info on composite doors here https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/compositedoors.htm

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:37 pm